Sunday, March 1, 2015

Commenting Review Week

I have found that most of the comments I have received are very useful. I feel very connected with the other students through commenting. I also feel less intimidated giving my opinions about other students' posts because they don't know me! I have really enjoyed comments that have given me ideas to improve my stories. The comments where people suggest other ways I could have written my story or changed something up have been very beneficial for me.
The comments that I have received so far on my project have been very helpful. It is nice seeing how others perceive my writing and tell me ways that I can improve it. I feel that this will help me better my writing and will help me with a greater finished product at the end of the semester.
When writing shorter comments, I try to focus on the good parts of the story. I try to point out one thing that could be better or be different. In the longer comments, I try to be really analytic about the story and try to help the writer with things they can improve.
Commenting is very beneficial for this class and I am glad that we do it. Sometimes I find it difficult because I hate to tell people what they can improve on. I feel like I come off as being rude when I do this. Commenting really does help us improve the quality of our posts and our projects in this class.



I love this image and just thought that it was really funny!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Hilary! How has your semester been? I hope it is going well! I agree with you on commenting. It can be a little intimidating at times, but I have found a system that works for me. I've always heard that when giving feedback for improvement, it is important to give 90% positive feedback, and 10% let down. I have found that it really helps me to comment on others' posts whenever I focus on the good things first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilary,
    I agree with you that it is much less intimidating commenting and receiving comments from students because you don’t personally know them. Also, since you’re pre-pharmacy and I am pre-med, we probably both have very scientific minds. It is hard to be a good, creative writer when you are such a set mind. Because of how this class is structured it has really helped with my writing also! So glad I’m not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that comments help me to connect with the other students, but at the same time being over the web leaves some sort of anonymity that is kind of hard to get past. Although being on the web makes it easier to give criticism sometimes, it gives me time to think about it. I believe we do many of the same things in our commenting styles. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete