Sunday, March 1, 2015

Writing Review Week

When this semester started, I was most nervous about writing stories. I am not a writer and I am not very creative, so the thought of writing my own stories scared me. I really liked the first writing assignment of the semester. When picking a familiar nursery rhyme, this made the assignment less intimidating. It actually is not so hard to write stories. There are many ways that you can change the story to make it your own. The one I like the most that I have done lately is changing the point of view that the story it told from. This makes it easy to be creative. I got the idea of changing the point of view from reading someone else's story in their blog. I find it very helpful to look at the stories that other classmates are writing. This helps me to think of ways to change up my storytelling.
The feedback that I get it usually very helpful. People are very nice with their comments, but they provide helpful feedback, as well.
For the rest of this semester, I hope that I can continue to improve my writing. I think that helpful feedback from others and creativity in changing up my stories will help me achieve this goal.



I chose this image to put in my post because this post really helped me to not be afraid of the storytelling assignment. It made me realize that it is not as hard as I was expecting it to be.

2 comments:

  1. Hello again, Hilary! I once again agree with you on the writing portion of this class. I was so nervous whenever I first read all of the writing we would be doing! I also tend to change the point of view of the story. I really think that adds a new color to the story, and shows how different it can be just by changing one simple thing! Best of luck on your writing for the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilary,

    I was pretty anxious about the writing aspect of this class, too. When I spoke with Laura about that, she was very encouraging and told me that everybody is a storyteller at heart. And when you think about it, that's true! So much of our everyday life is actually telling stories. From telling our friends what happened in class that day to sharing an experience from our childhood. This class just gets us to focus and put our stories down into words (which, admittedly, can be easier said than done). But it's great to have a place where we can practice those skills and get feedback from others!

    ReplyDelete