Sunday, March 1, 2015

Reading Review Week

I enjoyed reading The Ramayana. It loved reading the stories about Rama and the others. These were definitely interesting stories. My favorite readings are the stories in the Un-textbook. These are easier for me to read since they are shorter stories. These are easier to pay attention to. My favorite section of the Un-Textbook so far is the Khasi Folktales. This section has many cute, short stories like What Caused the Shadows on the Moon and How the Cat Came to Live with the Man. I really enjoyed these stories.
For my note-taking, I really like to talk about the details that happened in the story. I see now that others do things differently. I like that some people use bullet points when doing their reading diaries. I might start to do this in the future. It helps things be more organized.
These reading diaries are very helpful if you need to look back at stories from earlier in the semester. It makes it very easy to recall details from the story that have been forgotten. These are very beneficial.



I chose this image because I remember reading this story and I liked it very much!

1 comment:

  1. Hilary, I thought about reading the Un-textbook stories, but I like routine and once I start a story I always feel like I need to finish it. However, I do agree that since they are much shorter they would be much easier to read. I’ll definitely give them a try this semester. I also agree with you that reading diaries are very helpful tools, especially when you are trying to write a storytelling blog.

    ReplyDelete