Saturday, April 4, 2015

Week 12 Reading Diary B: Bengali Folktales Part 2

Bengali Folktales

This is the second half of this unit. It contains eight stories.

The first story is A Ghostly Wife. A ghost lived near a Brahman's house. The Brahman's wife angered the ghost accidentally. The ghost nearly killed her, stole her clothes, and went to the Brahman's house. The Brahman and his mother did not notice that the woman was not his wife. They noticed that she acted differently. They sent for an exorcist. Eventually, his wife was found. I really liked this story, even though I don't understand how they didn't realize the woman wasn't his wife.

The Story of a Brahmadaitya contained more than one part. (Part 1 Part 2 Part 3) I did not find this story as interesting as the previous one.

I liked the story of The Origin of Rubies (Part 1 Part 2). I always like the stories about kings and queens and princes and princesses.



The Ghost who was Afraid of being Bagged starts out with a wife griping at her husband. He leaves to become rich. I liked this story. I found it humorous.

The last story was The Bald Wife. This story was about a man with two wives that hated each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment