Friday, January 9, 2015

Storybook Favorites

Character Therapy: Healing in Stories
This was the first story that really got my attention. This is because I want to become a pharmacist and am interested in healing. That is why I chose this as one of my favorites. The title was very clear in letting readers know what the story was about. The introduction really drew me in and made me want to read the stories. I liked the way that it feels like you are really talking to someone. The writer makes it feel like you are there with them. The layout of the blog works really well because it looks like a yellow legal pad. In a therapy session, the therapist would be writing, so this background makes sense.

Karma's Courthouse
This story got my attention because of the word karma. That word has come up very often recently in my mind and in my life. That is why I chose to read this story. I really like this story because of the mystery the author uses. It really makes you want to continue reading the stories. I also really liked the color scheme used and the pictures. One picture is a grey fog over water and it is so pretty, but mysterious. It goes really well with the story and its mystery.

Tales of Strength and Struggles
This story seemed very interesting to me. I like that it has a goddess telling the stories of other women. It tells of struggles that those women went through and the strength that they found in themselves through those struggles. Once again, the introduction drew me in and made me want to keep reading. In the introduction, it speaks of two women being betrayed by their husbands. This caused them to be punished. I love the pictures used of the Mother Goddess. This story was really fun to read.


(Image of Durga during a festival honoring her. Source: Wikimedia

No comments:

Post a Comment